So I never knew about this award, and am honoured that I was nominated by two people for The Versatile Blogger Award. I write because I love to, because I’m ready to, because it’s what I always did. That two people are recognizing me for this really means alot to me.
The Versatile Blogger Award
The RULES and How to Get Awarded…
1. Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
4. Contact your bloggers to let them know about the award
7 things about me:
1. I am always told I am too kind.
2. I love animals sometimes more than people.
3. I think too much. Walked 6 km today and didn’t even realize it, because I didn’t listen to music, only thoughts in my head.
4. I hate to shop. And I generally hate chocolate!
5. I used to do so much and fill in every minute of my day working, caring for others, planning for the week on a very full calendar. I over-volunteered and worked and got burn out. Now I’m afraid to over extend myself again!
6. I have been unemployed for almost 4 months and even if I have put out over 60 resumes, no one wants to hire an old fart. LOL. So I twitter, FB, and social network for fun.
7. I have become obsessed watching Dr. Phil, Ellen, Dr. Oz, Live With Kelly, The Marilyn Dennis Show and Anderson while I sit and work on my folded cot (folded to make a seat) that is perfectly positioned next to my computer. I don’t always watch the whole thing, but they are always playing in the background. What is that?? I guess living alone for most of the time, the sound of voices and some interesting facts in the background keep my over active mind happy.
… oh and? I am writing a really cool book. Monrad Mansion. About going from the top to the “lower end” and living in this most interesting place I live in now. This in itself is a best seller. 🙂
15 blogs I enjoy reading!
3. Clint Cora
4. Trend Hunter
The Kreativ Blogger Award
I had no nominations for this, but I thought I would have fun answering the questions. And I added Nataly’s Nominations to this post.
The RULES and how to nominate:
1. Share 10 things no-one knows about yourself.
2. Pass it to 6 other bloggers.
Ten (More) Things
1. I am a die-hard Wizard of Oz fan and love to play Over The Rainbow on my flute, and I won the Ontario Conservatory of Music for flute award for level 3. I lost my silver metal somehow after having it with me for 30 years. L
2. I paint my pain and feelings and in my paintings are the initials of those who hurt me.
3. I am obsessed with teeth just like Nataly. Mine are scarred by years of bulimia and grinding. Someday I hope to have them all fixed… maybe before I die. But then again why spend all that money at this stage in life?? lol.
4. Shame overwhelms me for having been caught driving to the local Mac’s store to get cream for my coffee, and I had had two glasses of wine. Forgot to turn on headlights (older car) and cop followed me to my parking spot at my apartment. YUP… I blew over and ended up in jail overnight and with a criminal record. What a dumb move.
5. I self-published a book I wrote 30ish years ago when I was 18. I illustrated it as well. I followed Hampy’s rule of life, but his ended up much hamppier. LOL . Google Hampy The Book.
6. Since I left my ex, I don’t know how to love another properly, except my children, and even then I’m not sure I am a good enough mom for them.
7. All my closest friends are online. Not person to person people. Online people. Virtual friends. And recently my bullimiaddict site has spurned some pretty cool ones!!
8. I have an Honours Journalism Diploma, a Commerce Diploma, am really good at accounting, but prefer the artistic world, BA in Art History, love archaeology and anthropology (took it in university), wish I had been an actress, want to do a play as part of my bucket list, was a PI, online investigator, am writing a copyrighted unpublished as yet book called “Make Up Not Required”, wrote a 300 page manuscript called Sherrie’s World about bulimia, wrote another “Having Your Cake and Eating It Too” that one of my counsellors ended up using for her suicidal patients. Have two more Hampy books written, but yet to be published. AND I won the most humourous article award in my Journalism class in college. I was VP of the Canadian Authors Association at 24. I feel washed up at times but my son told me I will be back on top again someday. I’m not sure what being back on top means anymore.
9. I hated reading until I went to college.
10. I try every day to NOT think about the “what ifs” and focus on the “what will be”, albeit this is very difficult at times.
2. Dear Diary