Okay, this seemingly sounds morbid, but did you ever think of that title? I really didn’t much until lately. This questions comes much in the same context as “who do I give a darn (nice way of saying damn) liked me?” And why that question again? I have a friend who seems overly worried about who likes me and who doesn’t. This is strange. I am a recovered “everyone needs to love me” person, where I realized no one will and those who are walk in the door when everyone else walks out are the ones worth being around. So. My People list – then following is my bucket list. This is more important at this time because these are some of the people I’ll be hopefully completing my bucket list with.
My funeral list (and they all better be wearing COLOURFUL clothes – NOT black).
Brendon, Nikki, Lachlan, Janet, Maurice, Davina, Ellen (and Jonathan and Tyler and Robert and Amy of course!!), Kevin and his camera crew, Mom, Dad (as long as they aren’t nasty to Maurice), Keith, Steve, Brent, Sir Hugh, LeeAnn. Think that’s it.
Now reasons why for each because I can’t put them in order of superiority, but I can explain why I want them there.
- Brendon, Nikki, Lachlan – well because I guess they have to. They’re my children. But I loved them until death did us part.
- Janet because she was always there for me and my favourite sister. I just love her to death… oh… I’m dead in this case if she is there – so I guess that statement works.
- Maurice because he was my best friend for the past seven… or is it eight? years. Always there for me. I loved him in every way from best friend, best lover, best fighter :), and like my sister, a big heart.
- Davina, because she’ll bring energy to my funeral – hopefully make people laugh!! And she’ll dress me up until my cremation. She’ll even share with Nikki in doing my makeup!! Oh ya… forgot… with her comes Ellen and Ross, all my favourites in the niece and nephew department.
- Ellen, Jonathan, Tyler and Robert, and OF COURSE Amy, well that all goes without having to say anything. Ellen, make sure I have something sexy on before I leave this “earth”… lol Really love that Ross found you and you and Jonathan found each other, and that three beautiful children were born.
- Kevin and his camera crew to make sure people laugh and there’s a video to make me immortal… lol… OH YA I’ll be dead. Immortal in a sense. I really enjoyed working with you. You were funny. Laughter IS the best medicine.
- Mom and Dad? Hate it if you have be there. Kind of always wanted to die all together so there is no pain. We could all go party with Nana and Ross in one shot deal. But having said that, if you are reading this and I went first, I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful life you’ve given me. Seriously. I know I’ve had my ups and my downs, but somewhere in that little connection of gene pool that you had with me, I was an adventurist. I don’t regret it. I thank you for everything. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much I love you. And always will.
- NOTE: This too last stated above, in a different way to all mentioned here!.
- Keith because I loved him my whole life. He was a tremendous father to our children. Never stopped loving him. Not the same as how much I loved Maurice in the end because Keith, we were never best friends, but always loved you and held you in high regards for what you accomplished.
- Steve because he is my sister’s foundation.
- Brent because he was my foundation for 30 years+ in inspiration, and also he’s Hampy’s dad, so to speak, although I think he should be his older brother. Brent, “my professor”, never grows old. Hampty Grampty.
- Sir Hugh. Funny enough Brent and Sir Hugh have similarities. Both different, in a way can’t describe, other than beautiful people. Some call them eccentric, I call them beautiful.
- LeeAnn because she made my ex happy and cared for my children even when they nasty to her. She had courage. I thank her for that.