I have best friends. All of them mean alot to me. I’m going to write about one of them here, and then the other ones, but I have to write about him first. I hope my other best friends don’t take offence. This is about Mau. Mau was, is, was, is, my BFF. Was is was is my boyfriend. My best friend. Some people would ask why. He called me nasty names at one time. You know the kind… the “c” word, the “s” word and so on. That then. This now (no bad words and cool) But even then he taught me many things. He taught me how beautiful a car could be. He taught me how fixing one that was bruised could be an art to fix it. He babied cars that he fixed and touched them like a man should touch a lady. OK… we fought. But we fought well. He gave to me the right of letting go. When I was first with Mau I was hurting. I was hurting because of someone else. He was hurting because of more than just one else. He was hurting. Abandoned by his mom, back with his mom and then losing her to a stroke, then to the reason why his mom left? There is so much in this story. I can’t write it all here. But here are my points that need to be said:
- He knew I was bullimic and loved me anyway
- He knew I needed to lash out and let me lash out anyway
- He drove 3.5 hours to bring me tylenol when I was sick and a Big Mac!!
- He was always my best friend from the time I met him!
- He didn’t look for money… he looked for a heart
- He was okay when I wanted a good argument, and even a fight
- It wasn’t all him… it was me too
- He gave me space
- He was respectful in ways I didn’t know existed
- He took care of his daughter when he had to
- He dealt with the abuse of his daughter in a very commandeering way
- And… in all that with her teenage craze, still found time to be my best friend
- Loved by my children
- Admired by others
- Not wanting a “will” of anything
- Nor I.
- We get along because neither one of us are wanting for much but for a happy ending… fun, happy, laughter, best friend, hugs, and understanding. Not $1 (or what we call loony here in Canada) could buy a fraction of that.. nor could any MaxMillions.
I’ll end this one here with my wish my new wish forward, as my last one came true… NO LIE. www.wishawish.wordpress.com. Sing up, I wish it forward, then you do to others.
HEY MAU!!! Where are you???
If I have to choose between my parents and Mau, my best friend, it’s painful. Mau has heard all the world of my bullimia, accepted and loved me no matter what. It’s not about money, it’s about the heart.
I just wish I could ask my parents to let me go. Let go. Sign me away from any “will” you might have. Let me be free to not even worry about what YOU think. Let me be me. It’s a hard thing here, the battle of the parents who don’t want their daughter with a man who looks like a whatever. To me? He looks like my favourite actor, Sam Elliott. Shorter, but same character. A man who loves cars…. touches them and fixes them like he does a lady. And a man who loves family and wants to become a part of one that he doesn’t really have.
We’ve had our moments, but he’s never let me down. He’s up there in the “go up and above the call of duty” in that group I have few. And they will be blogged here after him. Janet, Denise, Joe, Breanna,Brent .. and not necessarily in that order. After all, there is no order when it comes to friends.
Dad and mom, if you ever read this. Write me off. I don’t want anything. I just want you and my friends. I will love you till death do us part for being the awesome parents that you have been… and you are with all above, the “people who have built me”.
Thanks Janet… Like that one. 🙂